We provide a precision to 2 microns, wire erosion sub-contract service.
We can offer a quick turn around for precision components, tools, moulds and complex components, UK wide.
The advanced technology incorporated into our service, will significantly contribute to improved productivity and guarantee improvements in the quality of the finished component in terms of surface finish and accuracy.
Our team of engineers are highly experienced in wire erosion machining of precision parts, tools and components for a number of key industry sectors throughout the UK.
Wire Erosion or Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a process we use daily at GoTools. Essentially it is an accurate and efficient way to cut hard metals that are difficult to machine using traditional methods. Tungsten Carbide, Hardened Steel, Titanium, Waspaloy, Nimonic, Nitralloy, Stellite are examples of metals that can all be machined with our Mitsubishi MV1200R Wire-cut EDM.
Advantages of EDM include machining of:
- Complex shapes that would otherwise be difficult to produce with conventional cutting tools.
- Extremely hard material to very close tolerances.
- Very small work pieces where conventional cutting tools may damage the part from excess cutting tool pressure.
- There is no direct contact between tool and work piece. Therefore delicate sections and weak materials can be machined without any distortion.
- A good surface finish can be obtained.
- Very fine holes can be drilled.
- Excellent surface finish, no burring.